Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dancing freely

Tonight, I am returning to my blog after two months and let me tell you I have never felt so refreshed.

I feel like it happens all too often that we frame certain things from our lives so that everyone can see and think of us a certain way. Almost as if our lives have become in-dubiously about appearance rather than about really and truly living. I'm not trying to give a social media rant, but what I am trying to say is that there are, hands-down, things we simply choose not to post to Facebook for a reason. We live so deeply in the confines of impressions and appropriateness that we almost lose the zest and passion to just live and do- whatever it is that comes to mind! Nowadays, we can't even listen to music without it automatically updating to Facebook to share with the world that you're jamming to the Red Hot Chili Peppers. We are all so connected and so deeply intertwined in everyone else's lives.

Now, I am all about Spotify. It's possibly one of the greatest inventions ever, but what I'm trying to get at is that we are so busy broadcasting our lives like we're the shit, that we miss out on incredible opportunities to be ourselves. 100% completely US. Choosing to paint a painting that we created from our own inspiration rather than pulling up Pinterest and painting the same damn anchor everyone in the world has painted simply because it's on Pinterest. We can't try to be creative anymore because it involves too much energy and time. It's much easier to be like everyone else.

But the sad thing is that there's nothing more beautiful than a person that knows exactly who they are. It is one of the most inspirational things in this world- seeing the passion glowing behind someone's eyes, the life they have from knowing what they enjoy and what they don't. It's not that they turn their head up and scoff at those who are confused as to who they are and copy others- they simply don't change because others raise their eyebrows at them.

My goal is to be more okay with being me, no matter how people take it. I definitely know who I am, and I'm tired of hanging out with people who don't. I'm tired of trying to gain the approval of people who can't open their minds and experience things that make them uncomfortable. Because that's what life is about. Life is an adventure. It's filled with uncertainties and wild changes, but it is precious and it is entirely too short. I insist on enjoying my one wild and precious life. I insist on surrounding myself with people that are different and not just like me. I insist on learning from life's curveballs and taking each day as it comes. I insist on dancing freely outside the boundaries of people's expectations and judgments... on freely choosing to do what makes me happy without hesitation. I am the happiest I have ever been and I think it's because I have stopped letting people tell me who I am and what I can and cannot do. If you do life this way, it becomes a great deal more fun. I promise.

2 comments:

  1. these words brought joy to my heart. so incredibly honored and blessed to consider you a friend and an inspiration. your zest for life is contagious-don't let anyone ever try to steal your freedom. i love you so dearly, MC.

    ReplyDelete