Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

How deep the Father's love for us.


When I think of this song, I think of the life transformation that came with the realization of Jesus’ unreal love for me. I think of how broken and stubborn I was and how I thought my sin was too much for Him to forgive. For months, I dug myself deeper into my depression, excusing myself from Christianity, saying that I was too dirty, I was too dark, that He wouldn’t want me anyways. Now I think of how incredibly false those statements were and how His love reaches past every single one of my mistakes and shortcomings. 

Now that I’m in a relationship with Him, I take every opportunity that I can to share my story for His glory. It hurts sometimes to admit, hey, I used to cut myself. But knowing that there are other people that struggle with the same thing and feel the same way I did- I want them to know about Christ’s unending love and that their scars don’t make Him love them any less.

So, to the girl that feels unworthy, alone, lost and hopeless- you are loved (1 John 3:1), you are NOT alone (Deuteronomy 31:6), and there is HOPE in all situations (1 Peter 1:3). Being thin will not make you happier. Being desired will still leave you feeling lonely and having more clothes and possessions will not cure your emptiness. So, stop trying to meet all of these expectations! Stop taking it out on yourself! You are a precious child of God and YOU have a purpose. Your meaning is intertwined with His name. The only way to cure your depression, loneliness and emptiness is by finding your meaning in JESUS (2 Corinthians 5:6-9). Knowing Him and His love will bring you a joy that lasts in the toughest of conditions (Habakkuk 3:17-19). A joy that beauty, possessions and clothes cannot provide.

I pray for each and every person that struggles through what I went through. It is a tough battle that is impossible to fight alone. Jesus intervened in my life and showed me that the things I was placing my value on were like shifting sand and that I needed to place my value on Him, the Rock (Matthew 7:24-27). Ever since He came into my life, I have been learning more and more about what it means to place my value in Him. He has made himself evident in my life and taught me that what the world has to offer is temporary, but what He has to offer is eternal. This is a lesson I am still learning today and will continue to learn for the rest of my life, but I promise you… when you allow yourself to be vulnerable and bring your sins to Him, your life will change for the better and you will never be the same. 

“Behold, the man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice 
Call out among the scoffers. 
It was my sin that held him there
Until it was accomplished.
His dying breathe has brought me life,
I know that it is finished.
I will not boast in anything;
No gifts, no power, no wisdom.
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection. 
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer.
But this I know with all my heart:
His wounds have paid my ransom.”

No comments:

Post a Comment