Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Living everyday with purpose.


Throughout my crazy schedule filled with class, friends, school work, and social events, oftentimes it’s much easier to push Jesus to the back burner and tell myself, “I’ll get to that later.” 

But one of the many lessons I’ve learned during my three weeks here at school is that Jesus needs to be the center of my life. When he’s not, I find myself dragging myself through my day, feeling purposeless and burnt out. 

In order for me to gain the reward of having a relationship with Him, I have to put in an effort. And a relationship with Him is rewarding. Sometimes it’s so easy to get caught up in my desires and my own selfishness that I forget about my ultimate purpose as a human being. I forget about how blessed I am and about how amazing God’s love for me is. 

I don’t want to slip back into a life dictated by my own desires and my own checklist. I want to live a life for the name of Jesus, for His glory. I need to remind myself that I shouldn’t depend on the world for acceptance, but on Jesus because he accepted me in my worthlessness and loves me despite my sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment