Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Hopes

I hope that you stop looking for fulfillment in the people who think you're ordinary and that you stop neglecting those who know you're spectacular. I hope you hold out long enough for the person you're destined to meet and that you don't let loneliness allow you to settle into the arms of someone who doesn't deserve you. It's a hard task when loneliness looms over you, but one that you deserve to fight for.

I hope that you buy yourself flowers and that you get up early enough to look in the mirror, know that you're beautiful and pamper yourself the way you deserve. I hope that you carry yourself with the respect that you should, so that everyone can tell that you don't take any crap. You love yourself more than that.

I hope you swallow your pride long enough to comfort those who have hurt you in their time of hurting. That you reach out to them in their suffocating sorrow and you empathize with them. I hope that you can be the big person and give him back his shirts instead of burning them like you so often joked about. I hope you deliver them with a smile and a "farewell" that makes him realize he never wanted things to go this way. But I hope if he verbalizes this, you know your worth enough to smile, shake off his words, and say that this is the way it was supposed to go. And I hope you walk away with strength and with dignity and I hope you don't turn back when he cries about the strong girl he let walk away. If you're meant to be and he really understands his mistakes, he will walk to you. But I beg you, I fervently hope that you don't walk away with a bitter tone, but a hopeful one. That you aren't angry but you are expectant of someone better. Because better will come, I promise.

I hope that you try your best to live out these actions, and that when you don't, you know how to get up, dust yourself off, and keep going. I hope that you know mistakes are human, that everyone makes them and that just because you are so confident in who you are that you can be open about your dirtiest parts when most can't, it doesn't mean they don't have dirty parts, too. I hope you comfort yourself with that when you're feeling alone in your battles.

All I want is for you to wake up each morning and know it is not promised, and that the impending events you plan for may never have the chance to be fulfilled. I hope you know that each stressful sigh is another less breath; but I hope this doesn't discourage you, instead, I hope it motivates you. To make the changes today that you so desperately long to put off until tomorrow. Because tomorrow may never come. I hope you love your life, even the low parts of it, and I hope you hope the same for the ones that you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment