Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Let me hear joy and gladness.

Your heart is so heavy and you are so so burdened. And while you feel like you are such a failure, it's important to remind yourself that Jesus loves you the exact same in this instant as He did before you fell into sin.

When you tell yourself that you are inadequate, God tells you different. You are worthy. You are loved. You are His. Remind yourself that, over and over again. Remind yourself how unreal the love of Jesus Christ is. Remember that you are not perfect! That you're going to mess up. That you're going to fall short. That you should expect that and that you should run into the arms of God and find comfort in His love and mercy.

And remember that despite these trials, God is still good. He always has been. He always will be.


8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
    let the bones you have crushed rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins
    and blot out all my iniquity.
10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
    and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
    or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
- Psalm 51:8-12 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment